View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #191
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I never said Chicago was the most dangerous city. It’s relevant to bring up Chicago because they tried extremely strict gun control
there, and yet they have 500 homicides a year.

As always, even you know you can’t respond to what i said, so you respond to something no one ever said.

Show me the data to suggest that gun control will work here in the US, and i can be persuaded.

Out of curiosity, look at the list of cities with the highest murder rates. What percentage of those cities have been run by liberals for decades? And what percentage have been run by conservatives for decades?

Does the answer to those questions, lead you to any conclusions at all?

We need to do things very differently in our cities. What we’re currently doing, isn’t working . Do you disagree?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How far away is Chicago from Indiana, a place with almost no gun control? Or DC from Virginia?

So the governance of the state and country make no difference?

The USA safety rating has decreased yearly since 2016 yet you squawk like it’s a new thing and impossible to solve.

The NRA has spent millions on politicians over the past thirty years, succeeding in removing the successful assault weapons ban.
Since 2004 when there were 400,000 in existence the number has grown to more than 20 million.

Trumplican politicians pose in campaign ads, with weapons and people have pictures of their families with their weapons.
And we wonder why we have mass shootings in this country.

You claim the issue is in Cities, you mean like Uvalde?

You parrot all the talking points, consistently and claim that any counterpoint is parroting.

It’s not impossible, following the Uvalde, Texas school shooting, Canada is expanding background checks, banning 1,500 types of military-style assault weapons, starting a buyback program, and requiring rifle magazines to be permanently altered to never hold more than 5 rounds.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin