View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 05:00 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And I'd note, that he didn't say anything insulting to vets, unless we are talking about different quotes. Here is the latest quote...

"
"We need that so badly. And when you talk about the mental health problems when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of folks in this room have seen many times over.

And they're strong and they can handle it, but a lot of people can't handle it. And they see horror stories, they see events that you couldn't see in a movie, nobody could believe it.

We need mental health and medical, and it's one of the things that is least addressed and one of the things — one of the things that I hear most about when I go around and talk to the veterans. So we are going to have a very robust, very, very robust level of performance having to do with mental health."

Where is the insult in there, exactly?

Again, there are a million legit reasons to attack this guy. Can't liberals go 30 seconds without making something up?

they're strong and they can handle it, but a lot of people can't handle it.

that about sums it up

His view shows his age and lack of understanding about suicide and its causes, strength has nothing to do with it .. I have 2 of My former soldiers who could attest to the strength issue both on opposite ends of topic but they can't they both are dead from Suicide..

suicide is not just a veteran issue nor just an issue for those who have seen stuff its a national issues