View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. It's a recurring comment, "I like beer, but I don't like clowns," and perhaps I was too quick to the defense. Clown Shoes' founder, Gregg, really doesn't like clowns either, and he'll never have a clown on a label.

I guess I should excuse myself from the conversation now, but honestly, I didn't mean to gate crash, I'm just psyched to be part of something new and cool.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Stacey
I didnt think you were being rude.....I felt you were backing your product.

I know it does sound trivial....but clowns really do give me panic attacks!! (I know I have issues!) It really WAS a "packaging" decision for me I hate to say. I am always trying new beer.....I am sure one (brave) day I will try your brew.

On a positive note....please dont be offended because I hate clowns. Maybe there is a lesson for both sides here.
Lesson to consumer-dont judge a beer by its label
Lesson to brewer-packaging CAN be the only deciding factor for many when deciding to try or not try a new product.

To that I say brew us a briny sea ale....slap a striped bass and a surfcaster on the bottle and you'll probably interest at least a few of us crusty ole salts!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote