View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 06:26 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I have to say I am pretty shocked at the direction this went... Shocked with the first half sentence of WDMSO's post...
These are representative of my views and reactions to being libeled. labeled, and called names to fit in a group. I object to being put in one silo, or another. These values are what I was brought up to believe were shared American values shared across the board by the America I knew. Raised by the Greatest Generation. NOT the Woodstock generation, you know, the one that sold our industry to China and created the one percenters grouping for themselves.... This is not me being a victim, so get off that horse. This is me saying, stop, no, you are wrong, or not listening. I will stand up for those values. I am not going to sit idle, quiet, accepting of someone putting an incorrect label on me. It was my generation that saw the greatest influence of change and grew up with more acceptance of civil rights as a given than any generation before us. We saw the change and therefore revolt at being libeled. And no where did I ever claim or play a victim card!
Seeing you re posted it I assume you didn’t write it that why I stated the writer.. who knows his background

you can be upset that you think people put you in a box or are stereotyping you . but have no issues stereotyping the Woodstock generation ?

This is what I mean when I say these perceptions are imaginary in the minds of the sender and receiver. And people need to stop being influenced by all the noise and take a moment
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 12-26-2020 at 06:40 PM..