View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Here you can see how small you can go. These are 3/16 dia. with a .048 thru wire. I use these little ones for my albie metals I make. More difficult to make but I needed that size.
You can also see how the wire, or nail if you want to use a nail, sit in the mold. You just pour down the hole with wire in there. Get them all poured and open mold a few seconds later and then just pull the wire or nail out. I use PAM spray every few pours. I leave all the wires, nails, in a puddle of PAM. I don't spray the mold just the wires. I have enough wires so I can do about 3 pours before I need to take wires out and it allows for them to cool a bit so I don't burn the hell out of my hand.
Important also is you can see that when I drill the thru wire hole in the mold I didn't drill all the way through the mold. This allows the pin not to fall out of the mold, it stays in place. If you drill thru with the small dia. thru wire hole you will be constantly picking the wires off the floor. A real PIA I found out the hard way. Also make sure the wire is a good 1/2 to more longer than your wgt. It gives you something to grab when extracting it from the lead. If you need a longer tail wgt. you just stack them to desired length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3080.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	54138   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3086.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	54139   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3088.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	54140  

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote