View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 06:15 PM   #279
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
In Japan if you want to kill someone, you need to make your own handgun. Only ten gun related deaths per year reported today I found amazing so I googled why. Obviously the sentiment towards violence changed their society after WWII, but serious gun regulations make the difference.

If Japanese people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam.

Obviously this gun obsession in the US, especially buy those that make the law means we would never get to that extreme, but certainly some of that makes perfect sense.
i think those things would
cut down on gun crime. But we have a constitution, with a second amendment therein. If you’re comfortable trashing the second amendment today, what happens when someone like trump gets in, and now he wants to erase a few amendments because he doesn’t like them.

if we got rid of a lot of he guns, we’d have a big reduction in gun crime. i agree with you, IF you got them out of the hands of criminals as well. how do you do that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device