View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
Raven

Reminds me of the time i spent a full week doing body work
to my old ford van hood which wasn't all that much surface area like two by four feet and it came out MINT! sanded down to 400 smooth....then i burst a damned brake line
so i took it into town to get the brake line repaired and Bled.

basically had ZERO brakes and i made this HUGE sign for the Inside of the car that said ABSOLUTELY NO BRAKES drive extremely slow SLOW SLOW....
and taped it to the DASH in front of the windshield so it had to be read and i called the owner and told him the same thing on monday morning

. He said no problem man.
this was on a Sunday i drove it there real early and called again on monday.

Well come Monday MR Dumb F__K dufus mechanic jumps in the van and goes driving full speed into the shop can't stop at all "OF COURSE" and crashes into the lift.

I get the call and go down there and the little SHet tries to tell me the hood was already like that and i went absolutely Berserk and read him the riot act right there in front of everyone telling him he was the biggest liar ever hatched from Hell and More in my most meanest Scottish Accent.

They pushed it out into the lot and waitied for the insurance agent to come the next day. I took the sign home with me and brought it back to show the agent
and he low ball-ed me....

I SAID: NO FRIGGAN way and explained how i had just spent a whole week getting it perfect ready for paint when the brake line burst.... and even told the SHOP all about it and i have the call on record too. (recorded)

after that he wrote me a check for what my labor was worth and the materials
and it PAID for the brake repairs too.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote