View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 04:58 PM   #87
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So somehow you know, that forcing nursing homes to accept covid-19 patients, didn't cause anyone else to get infected. Your background and experience qualify you to make that conclusion?

yet you suggest it did cause people to get infected

I've seen emails from doctors at nursing homes begging the state not to be so stupid.

"EVERY NURISING HOME IN AMERICA IS FACING COVID 19 RAVAGING THEIR FACILITIES NO MATTER WHAT PROCEDURES THEY USE TO TRY TO PROTECT THEM... "

I work in this space for a living. There are plenty of nursing homes that are unaffected - call it luck, call it aggressive quarantines, but many are unaffected. I do this for a living, this is part of my job. My underwriters and I talk to nursing homes every single day about what their exposure has been. I talk to 5 or 6 nursing homes a day, every single day. Many are fine.

So when you say every nursing home is ravaged, what are you basing that on, exactly? The one home your wife works at?

Ask ANY nursing home director if admitting covid-19 residents was a good idea. For Gods sake man, most nursing homes wouldn't allow visitors who tested negative. But they'll allow residents who test positive?

Obviously, even without that idiotic law, many homes would get ravaged. That doesn't mean the law didn't make it worse.

Anyway, I'm very very interested to know your expertise in this area that renders you qualified to draw that conclusion. And if Cuomo was a republican, you'd be blaming him for every nursing home death in NY.
You just cant handle he gets better grades than trump on his Covid 19 handling