View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Absolutely, 100% wrong. Obamacare included new minimum coverage limits that plans had to offer. Obamacare rendered many existing plans illegal. Thus, those plans were forced to non-renew their insureds. Try making that wrong! Get some facts before you start suggesting that Obama had no hand in this.
Well, you're not really right either. The insurance companies make the decision to terminate the old plans. They can always adjust the plan to comply...or not make significant changes to grandfathered plans either. Certainly though the law is influencing the behavior.

Funny thing is the notices being reported aren't kicking people off insurance, they're to shift them onto other plans. I can't believe how the Right Wing media got this story so wrong????

Quote:
I don't feel ethically compelled to pay for Sandra Fluke's rubbers. If she wants to fornicate, she can do it on her own dime. Why stop at the birth control? If I have to pay for her condoms when the time is right, why not require me to pay for the dinner and the movie (most likely a vegan dinner followed by a Michael Moore flick) that set the tone for the evening's festivities?
I thought Rush Limbaugh's Sandra Fluke remarks were some of the most ugly and vile things he's ever said...that you'd choose to parrot them surprises me. I actually thought you were better than that Jim.

-spence