View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 07:13 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Since 1995, the top 1% took 38% of all additional wealth. The bottom half took 2%.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In 2018, the top 1% paid 40% of total federal income tax. Thats pretty in line with their percentage of wealth.

Pete in another post, you bragged about how the uber wealthy are now democrats. Yet here you are demonizing them. Which is it?

Also, if our tax system is way too friendly to the wealthy, why aren’t democrats ( who run everything) doing anything to fix it?

It was always be imbalanced, and in a healthy economy that imbalance will grow, because they have more money to invest. if the s&p500 grows by 20% next year, and i have $100,000 in the stock market but warren buffer has $20 billion in the stock market, he profits more than i do.

Who cares? He will pay taxes on it, spend some, put some in the bank, invest some, give some
to charity, all of which helps the country.

How would you change that? would you pass a law that says after your net worth exceeds some amount, you have to keep all your money in your mattress?

They aren’t stealing from you, not much anyway. They get some subsidies for sure that they don’t need.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...e-us-taxes.amp

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device