View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

You said Money could be used on Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
The cost associated with maintenance of athletic Fields and equipment would be eliminated allowing for the money to be spent on education not competition.
And I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Define Education?
You said the 3 "R"s

Quote:
The three R's.....reading, riting, and rithmatic
I said that there are things that schools bring that are educational besides the 3 "R"s

Quote:
when kids have many options available to grow into they find something that lights a fire for them. What about kids that aren't good at the 3 "R"s...but a light shines for Music, Art, Science, Cooking, or Carpentry....this could be what steers them in that direction in life.
Now you have no problem with any of the other activities a school offers.....outside of the 3 "R"s

Quote:
I was not addressing other programs that are not physically competitive and teach skills that a student can build upon.
I pointed out that Sports can also help light that fire in a kid.....

Quote:
Plenty of kids that played sports go into Sports Medicine and Therapy fields...its not just about throwing a football...its about finding something that lights a fire in a kid. And Competition is not a bad thing....it helps people strive
And it turns out your real issue is just in sports....kids getting there feelings hurt because they can't make the team

Quote:
How many students learn they are inferior to others based upon athletic ability or lack of ability? It's time to eliminate some of the so called pride or feelings of superiority based upon physical games when it comes to public education, all this does is cause people to dislike another humanbeing because they went to the wrong school. .

Quote:
All acceptable to me, they are not competitive sports
How about the Chess Club...or The Debate Team...or a Science Fair...Or DECA

They All Compete there....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."