View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Hissy fit.....toobin

Really Spence....obama is/was trying to steer the supreme court to vote for it regardless of being constitutional or not. He is as guilty of that as was jennefer on Idol trying to steer voters to vote for the long hair kid that got booted last night.

And toobin of all people....I would have believed more if U said pelosi
The funny thing, I believe the Court had already voted on it before Obama opened his mouth (they voted Monday, we won't know the results until June). My guess, and it's a damned good guess if I do say so myself, is that Obama is expecting it to get overturned, and he's trying to paint the Court as a bunch of Republican activists who should not be trusted. Of course, Obama is also asking this same court to overturn the Dfense Of Marriage laws, so it's OK when they overturn laws, as long as he requests it.

So, when the court overturns laws that Obama does not like, the justices are being responsible jurists. When they overturn laws that Obama likes, they are a bunch of out-of-control tea baggers.

The timing will be awful for Obama. The decision will be announced in June. Meaning, right about the time people notice that gas is $5 a gallon, they will also see that Obama's one significant legislative achievement will be deemed illegal. All happening this summer, right when people are starting to think about the November election.

I think Obama will win re-election, but he's very, very vulnerable. It all comes down to how he does with independents in 5 or 6 states. I suspect those independents are not going to like paying $5 a gallon for gas. I'm not blaming Obama for that, but I suspect they will.