Thread: NFL
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No by the people who thought he was disrespecting the game.

I have no problem w/either player(s). I wouldn't do it but understand why they are. I think the linking arms or placing your hand on the pads was a more respectful way of doing it.

Should have been a minor issue (as it was the weeks bf) until our uniter in chief had to tweet about it. Instead of of keeping his mouth shut he had to call them SOBs (a few weeks after saying some of the people protesting w/Nazis where "fine people").
No one will accuse Trump of being a unifier. But that comment is exactly why he got elected, and no one on the left, including you apparently, has figured that out. Which is good for my side.

"Instead of of keeping his mouth shut "

I loved what he said. I despise much of what he says, but I loved that SOB comment. So did tens of millions of others. He resonates with Middle America. The left sees no value in that. Hilary's book could all be boiled down to that. Trump understands the people who live between the coasts. He may not genuinely care about them, I have no way of knowing. But he resonates with them.