View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
why because they stole the last one or #2 they are historically always ugly or 3 a little bit of both

divisive tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people. you think thats not Trump ??
"why"

Because they hate not getting their way, they really hate losing to Trump, and they are terrified (despite what both Spence and I believe) that Roe V Wade is in danger.

"they are historically always ugly "

Only in recent history. The partisan ugliness started with Bork, IMO. I can't deny that what the GOP did in 2016 wasn't partisan. But the American people gave the senate control to the Republicans, and it stands to reason they didn't do that so the GOP would let the court slant left. Given that the GOP kept the senate in the subsequent election, it would appear that the people weren't all that upset with what the GOP did.

"divisive tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people. you think thats not Trump "

Of course Trump fans those flames with his idiocy. But he didn't come close to starting it. It started when Bush won re-election, then it got really ugly when despite democrat claims that we'd be getting out of Iraq, Bush got them to support the surge, and it worked. Bush, who they claimed was an idiot, made them all look like morons, and they lost their minds (leading to the phrase 'Bush Derangement Syndrome'), and it's been ugly (on both sides) since.

It's ugly on both sides, but not equally ugly in my opinion Often, the GOP wants to discuss policy. Often, the liberals want to shut them up and demonize them.