View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #42
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
I found the announcers to be rather lame, prejudiced fools.
One point that stuck in my mind was when Ray tried a 3 pointer as the 24 sec clock was winding down.
He missed, but Perkins was there to collect the rebound.
These tv tools wouldn't stop jammering about how it looked like it didn't hit the rim TO THEM, even AFTER the officials made their ruling.
Between that and their incessent drooling over the almighty Kobe, I felt like I was watching the SOX in the 2007 World Series and the best that MLB could dig up for FOX25's broadcast was Joe Buck.

Next game, I'm going to turn off the sound and listen to the radio instead. At least they know what they're talking about, and aren't having impure thoughts about Kobe on the air!
You sound like a homer. That 3 from Allen barely touched the rim. As for Kobe, were you even watching him? I can't stand him, but some of the shots he made were unbelievable. The one handed tip in? The fade away three while being double teamed? The three he made from about 5 feet behind the line? Kobe was the best player on the floor last night. Did you think the announcers sucked when they were gushing over Allen making 7 consecutive 3's in game 2? Half the time, Van Gundy sounds like he's being paid by the Celtics and not the network.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote