View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #92
MotoXcowboy

All gun control does is weaken the people. Take a look at some of our history.

Its the current administrations agenda to appear tough on guns. government says assault rifles=evil, assault rifles have been portrayed by the gun grabbers as this evil unnecessary item in our so called free society...

what bothers me is this gives non gun loving people the wrong idea... it sets up a malicious trend....1st my AK is evil next on the list... .50 caliber "sniper" rifles, assault style shotguns, handguns ect.......eventually what can we have...a muzzleloader? how bout a plastic spork??

same with lautenberg law... for example (people i know have lost rights) one for spanking his child, the other called his significant other (gf) a "C" word infront of the wrong person, or the girl who fought back in a fight with her abusive boyfriend..she was charged and convicted too. These people all lost their rights....now because of these minor infractions/past issues these can never defend their home/family with a firearm. is this serious?? this is out of control......and im not trying to give a unbalanced message, i do believe woman bashers should not have guns...But the way this law is working it seems to have been just set up to slowly strip the masses..... there should be rules incorporated into this law that restricts the repeat offender, or one who does serious bodily harm to someone (these people shouldn't have guns, they are out of control)....but for someone to lose their firearm right because they threw a lamp across the room or broke a piece of glass or something during a domestic dispute is just wrong. this law is a good example of how gun control is out of control...oh yeah an in the meantime, while felons can get expungements in some states, some states like Illinios will not allow expungements of these misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence. So a felon in RI can technically own a firearm in 10yrs, while some unfortunate guy who gave his ex-wife a bear hug in Chicago is condemned by the feds to no longer posses a firearm for the rest of his life...how is this a fair law?

whats even scarier about this law is a stepping stone, almost like a gateway drug (gun grabber momentum) the next step will be removing firearms from those who have minor convictions of simple assault, or disorderly conduct..ect..... how many of us have gotten into a fight or two in their life?

So you ask....

Why the need for assualt rifle? The AK-47 is the most common and widely used firearm in all of the world... I think the 2nd amendment should at least give us the semi-auto version....

If our enemies have them so should we....Do you know how easy it is to build an AK-47???? Criminals will just make them, or continue to import them.

I was in the military and I was an expert marksman, I learned how to shoot and trust my life with my weapon. Like someone said previously you may just thank me someday for saving your ass!

do you know how many thousands of large magazines and millions of 762 ammo in circulation alone?

how many of AKs are in circulation in the world milions(our enemies? foreign & domestic will always have them) Making pot illegal never stopped people from smoking it and certainly didnt hurt drug trade or did it?

put it this way...if 5or6 armed thugs are preparing to invade your home, take your stuff, threaten your liberty? Are you gonna lock the doors and call 911? Yes, Are they going to wait for the police to show up....Hell no...now, the bad guys are on a mission.....and my thoughts are this... I could possibly fight/scare them off with my mossberg590 (thats a shotgun, liberals), The problem is if they are well armed (with say... evil "illegal"assualt rifles) The weapon I'm gonna need is my AK.

so....WHY THE NEED FOR AN ASSUALT RIFLE???

its simple, stupid....F I R E P O W E R

and really how many of you out there think people go out to legally buy an assault rifle to commit mass murder? If this were the case there would be alot more homicides because there are a sh*$L$&% of assault weapons out there..

the fact is the majority of these haneous crimes are committed with illegal firearms in the first place....those people who have lost their rights to posess/carry have become victims to the criminals with nothing to lose and all to gain by committing a crime using a illegal firearm.

How many criminals do you think hold up banks/commit crimes with the gun they purchased legally?

On top of that....How many of those same criminals would hold up a bank if they thought 1/2 or 1/3 of the people there were carrying? or how many Rednecks would stop beating their woman if she had a gun and knew how to use it.

Todays society is to dependent of their own government. Cops do a good job for the most part but they cant be everywhere all the time. Why cant people take care of themselves anymore?

Last edited by MotoXcowboy; 02-25-2009 at 11:12 PM..