View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 02:58 PM   #374
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Biden dealt with Covita's hysterical xenophobic response during the Ebola pandemic. It's all in the public record including Covita's tweets."

Thw day Trump announced his travel restrictions, Biden said Trump was hysterical and xenophobic. Also public record. Right?

"Nobody said a travel ban was an overreaction"

Biden said it was "hysterical".

In mid-January, the WHO said there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.

Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24: "but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

Bill Diblasio in March 2: ""Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus"

Anderson Cooper on March 2: "The flu right now is far deadlier," Cooper says. "So if you’re freaked out at all about the coronavirus you should be more concerned about the flu"

Mar.9 - Bernie Sanders tells Foxnews he would not close our borders in response to the virus

Dr Fauci on Jan 26: "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Fauci says on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about."

Feb. 11 - Ron Klein, Biden campaign top coronovirus advisor: "coronavirus won't be a "serious pandemic."

Feb. 13 - Ron Klein, Biden campaign top coronovirus advisor: "We don’t have a #COVIDー19 epidemic in the US but we are starting to see a fear epidemic. Kudos to @NYCMayor (and others) for standing against that."

Nah, no one was downplaying it in the winter. Nope! Only Trump somehow got it wrong. All the democrats knew exactly what was coming. Right, Pete?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fro...vent-aged-well
Simple answer. Trump was right on the partial travel ban, maybe it should have gone further

The liberals listed were wrong at the times you quoted.

This was in the first months of this #^&#^&#^&#^&. We know from Woodward's recording Trump knew early, this had the potential to be bad. How much did the mayors and governors know in Feb/early March? I don't know. We know Trump knew it could be bad.

The difference is, the others (non-Trump) have adjusted course as we learned more about this thing. Trump has basically not. We are at all time daily highs on an upwards sloped and we have 'turned the corner'? (I don't love the SNL debate-stuff right now but Alec Baldwin as Trump had a good line about how this isn't a second wave because it never went back down). He is also out there making fun of mask and mask wearers. Yes there is still reasonable debate on that Jim, but the majority/plurality/consensus is that it seems to help limit spread.

USA Today even had an analysis that following Trump campaign rally's/events brought, cases have increased higher in those counties than elsewhere.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"