Thread: OBL(UBL) Killed
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
"In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

The same day: Rumsfeld said that in regard to Afghanistan, Bush, U.S. Central Command Chief Tommy Franks, and Afghan President Hamid Karzai "have concluded we're at a point where we clearly have moved from major combat activity to a period of stability and stabilization and reconstruction activities. The bulk of this country today is permissive, it's secure."
Zimmy, my post saisd that Bush never claimed "Mission Accomplished" in his spech on the USS Abraham Lincoln. Read the speech. Assuming you can read, I also posted the intent of the banner, it was to give an "atta boy" to a bunch of heroic sailors whose mission WAS accomplished, and they deserved an acknowledgment of their service. So if you think it's acceptable to twist Bush's intent of congratulating those sailors and to attack him for it, all I can say is I find that repugnant. I also said mistakes were made in Iraq, mistakes that I'll wager impacted me more than they impacted you. But Bush never implied that the mission was accomplished, not during that speech. I'm sorry if that fact exposes how many revolting liars there are in the liberal ranks, but it's still a fact.

Pointing out what Rumsfeld and Franks said is NOT refuting my point, I was referring to what Bush said and didn't say.