Thread: metal anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #46
5 String Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
love the old stuff like cryptic slaughter,crumbsuckers,cro-mags,and old metallica, NIB thats some cool s#$# must of been good times.There is so much metal out right now it's crazy,some of it is amazing and so much of it sucks.I like stoner rock too bands like the melvins and high on fire are good.
Although not nearly as cool as NIB's Metallica story, I have a little Cro-mags one you can appreciate if you remember those guys (not sure if they are still around). Me and a buddy went to see the mags at our local hole club "the living room" (the old one with the bubble window) I think we were 15 or 16 then and getting backstage was nothing really. It was just a little room with a cooler. Well, we had gotten pretty sh*tfaced before and through the show and when it was over, the band was doing something on stage (I think they were filming something) and most folks were getting kicked out. Me and my bud decided it would be a fantastic idea to go into the backstage room and take the Cro-mags beer from the cooler. We start grabbing them and sorta wrapping them in the stomachs of our shirts (real hidden, yeah). Those guys were really healthy dudes and the beer consisted of LA ( low alcohol) and non alcoholic cans of beer, but we didnt care. We just wanted more beer. So there we are walking out of the room we were not supposed to be in and there on his way in is a Cro-mag! It was the drummer, not the tattooed-Swatzanegger-like bass player, thankfully, cuz I mighta pissed myself otherwise. But the guy who had caught us was pretty big, ripped and most definitely sober. For a moment, I envisioned the mags beating us to bloody pulps in the alley next to the club... and I was pleasantly surprised when he merely explained to us that they had to pay for the beer and it would be really uncool to take it. He explained this with a level of calm that still surprises me to this day... Anyway, we obviously apologized for being alcoholic as$h0les and carefully put them back in the cooler and quietly left the building. Those guys were cool as hell, I tell you. cool as hell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cromag.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	30875  
5 String Bass is offline   Reply With Quote