Thread: Trump* on blame
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim its happened in real time look at those Governors,,,, what other reason have they given ?.. why they have chosen to what their doing

Alabama Governor Kay Ivey, who just last week rejected any statewide action because “Y’all, we are not California. We’re not New York. We aren’t even Louisiana,

Thought this was spot on with some of these Governors so concerned with not upsetting Trumps base

I’d be happy to stand with the president,” the governor would quip, “if he’d just stand in the same place.”
"
Jim its happened in real time look at those Governors,,,, what other reason have they given ?.. why they have chosen to what their doing"

They've said very clearly why they haven't imposed severe restrictions, and it's not because conservatives want less government. It's because in those states, governors feel the counts aren't high enough to justify crushing the state economy. It's not because they're conservative, it's because they don't feel thigs are that bad yet. I think its a dangerous gamble, but if the counts remain low in those states, the small business owners and employees will be very glad the governors did what they did. There are scientists who feel that the measures taken in most states are going too far. I don't happen to agree with them, but there are scientists who are still saying that. There's a chance that when all is said and done, we'll conclude that we didn't need to shut down the economy. In fact I hope that's what happens, because that would mean the virus wasn't catastrophic. Does that make sense?

"“Y’all, we are not California. We’re not New York. We aren’t even Louisiana"

and he's talking about not having as many sick people. It's math, not politics.