View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #43
scottw

nice people.....

F*ck him...I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful"

Bill Maher, host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher" used his platform on Friday night's show like he often does -- to trash political opponents in the worst of ways possible. As Cortney reported, the billionaire donor and philanthropist David Koch died late Thursday night. Maher took the opportunity to lash into a swear-laced monologue against Koch.

"Yesterday, David Koch of the zillionaire Koch brothers died," the host said before pausing to stop the audience from applauding.

"...of prostate cancer," he continued. "I guess I’m going to have to re-evaluate my low opinion of prostate cancer," he said to laughter from the audience.

"He was 79, but his family says they wish he could live longer but at least he lived long enough to see the Amazon catch fire," he added. "Condolences poured in from the politicians he owned."

“F*ck him...I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful," Maher remarked.

“I really want to put my money to work making the world a better place.” David H. Koch to the Wall Street Journal

$185 million Massachusetts Institute of Technology
$150 million Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
$100 million New York-Presbyterian Hospital(Another $28 million went to other needs for the hospital.)
$100 million New York State Theater at Lincoln Center
$66.7 million Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
$65 million The Metropolitan Museum of Art
$35 million Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
$26.5 million M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
$26.2 million The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York
$20 million American Museum of Natural History, New York
$20 million Johns Hopkins University
$10 million Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at the Mount Sinai Medical Center