View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The intrusion of politics over science in the making of policy was unprecidented during the Bush years, -spence
BINGO.

I can tell you there is a list of top level scientists at NASA, EPA, NOAA who have been stifled by the administration; You can call it Gore BS, since he talked about the editing of reports in 'Truth' BUT

there is a top level guy at EPA, who specializes in Sea level rise, rates, costs, etc, and has been studying it and working on policy since the 80's. He was basically told to shut up and any comments and reports he was to make, would go through the administrators from now on. Peer review is one thing, it is what science thrives on. Political review kills science. Plain and simple.

"If Bush's legacy is so bad why is Obama keeping Bush people around, for instance the Secdef, and the guy getting promoted to fed chief."
Because some of them are qualified, I think keeping Gates on was a GREAT move. it should be about putting good people in position to do good things.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"