View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So will you support waiting for the mid terms to be finished before starting the Conformation process on Trumps Pick ... My guess is NO

you have no regard with process what did they steal?? now your just playing dumb.. Turtle boy drag his feet for 11 months but now he wants it done by September ... the GOP cant claim innocents
No, it would be asinine to wait until after the midterms. Obama got elana Kagan confirmed in 2010, a midterm year. And in 2016 when the gop prevented obama from getting anyone confirmed, they were able to do so, because the American people gave the senate to the gop. The democrats do not control the senate. Elections have consequences, pretty sure I heard that a lot from 2009 - 2016.

I have great regard for process, and I want my side to follow the same process as the other side, I don’t want my side to self impose a higher hurdle, that’s stupid.

The gop controls the senate. With that, come the same exact perks the dems enjoyed when they last controlled the senate. If the American people don’t like it, they can make a change in 2010, but the gop will be more likely to gain senate seats than lose them. Several democrats up from state’s trump won.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device