Thread: obamacare
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #29
PaulS

Now I can't quote a response.

Taxes are a requirement so you don't get credit for paying - the federal Pen. prob. isn't a nice place. The repub, conserv. etc. (what ever word you want to use - we can split hair on idiology labels, etc. I do incorrectly use the labels dem/reb. inappropriately) platform is to have minimal taxes and regulations - that all favors people of means who can go out an pay for whatever they need and doesn't effect them.

bad roads, crappy mass transit - buy a larger heavier duty car
poor educ. system - private schools
faulty electrical grid - private generators
no police (high crime) - live in a gated community, private police force.
crappy hospitals - private clinics, fly to a good hospital
cut back on social services - if you have $, you don't need social services
etc. etc.

No one wants to "give" people money. It's about having decent services for people to poor to be able to afford things on their own. As I've said, if you get welfare, I think you need to do some work for it. I don't see who someone can think that getting $15K a year from the govern. is enough to keep people from working (Certainly there is a tiny % who will want to sit on their butt). It's why when there are job fairs, I see long lines of people trying for those jobs.

You and your family had the where with all to pull yourselves up - many people don't.

Look at the tax burden of states that all get more/dollar in tax returns then they pay in - all states that vote repub. (south, midwest, etc). I bet Kentucky gets as much back as any state in tax revenue yet elects Rand Paul. They aught to put their $ where their mouth is an refuse fed. $.