View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
Thunder Rod

Thumbs up

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Admittedly, going the forum route isn't typically the way I like to do things, but in this case, I really needed to try and get the word out to a wide-ranging group of like-minded sportsmen. And since I personally know, met, and have fished with so many guys on the board here, (I've done features on several sponsor's here as well) I thought I'd give it an informal shot, especially since the Plugfest project went so well. (Bruce, We might have met in passing , but Plugfest was so busy this year... and I was sooo sick with the flu that day... my bad... ). I don't post much any more, so my moniker isn't easily associated with the person many of you have met.

Man Cave is not necessarily a new idea in general, however I wanted to give this one an outdoorsman angle. Lots has been said about the "barroom/gameroom/TV room" type setups in guy's basements, but not so much about guys like us who set up elaborate outdoor-related workspaces, with all the amenities, to work on rods, fly tying, plugs, what-have-you, while also getting a full, relaxing, tanning treatment from the infared lights installed above. Incidentally, I have a modest little cave myself, with a work bench, fridge, pegboard for tools, a dart board, Bubble Hockey game, sports collectibles, etc.... whole dresser drawers full of gear, and about 28 fishing rod/combos hanging, lying, and leaning against just about every inch of wall, ceiling, & floor. But it's also a bit of a mess and I'm looking for something a little more exlusive to fishing/outdoorsman projects and comforts.

Funny you should mention Bassmaster, I was told he was someone I should contact on this project.

Also, as far as "shoebox" setups go, I would love to include something modest to serve as a contrast, "simple but it works", perhaps a set up in someone's truck/camper or car. Doesn't necessarily have to be intricate, just unique or creative.

Anyway, feel free to drop me a line on the e-mail from the initial post.

Many thanks!

-John-

Last edited by Thunder Rod; 08-23-2008 at 07:58 AM..

"Never Feel Guilty About Tricking a Fish into Attacking Something it Perceives as Being Smaller and Weaker than Itself."
Thunder Rod is offline   Reply With Quote