View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 06:26 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Another sign that the defunding of public education, the replacement of true investigative journalism that has been replaced with a 24 hour “news” network channel full of “opinions” meant to spread propaganda is working. The dumbing down of America in effect.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
every tv station except one, spreads left wing propaganda.

we spend a ton in public education. we have problems in our public schools, lack of money isn’t really one of them.

here in my town ( suburb of hartford), the public schools spend about $16k annually to educate each student. And the schools are ok.

At the catholic middle school where my two younger kids go, the cost is about $5,500 per student. and the school is ten times better than the public school where my oldest went, even though the public school is about triple the cost.

the idea that the quality of education is a function of money spent, has a lot of holes in it. when the money all goes to teachers pensions and healthcare benefits, that doesn’t translate to increased student performance.

It’s “dumb” to not want wide open borders, once-in-40-year inflation, and more covid deaths ( don’t think biden caused that, but it happened in his watch and trump was blamed
for what happened in his watch, so what’s good for the goose, plus people remember that biden promised to beat the virus, which he’s not doing), and increased polarization and division among us

we elected an ineffective Alzheimer’s patient who is having trouble with legislation even though his party controls both chambers of congress. he has problems with both the moderates and the progressives in his own party.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-18-2022 at 06:32 AM..