View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Has Pres. Obama's said that he only will agree to raising taxes and not cutting spending?
A fair and important question...

Obama is spending an incredible amount of time talking about these tax hikes for "rich people". The tax hikes are meaningless, they will have no impact, and Obama knows this. Not nearly enough impact to justify the amount of energy we dedicate to discussing them. And Obama does demonize those who oppose those tax hikes. And that's dishonest. My opposition to those tax hikes doesn't stem from the fact that I hate poor people, it stems from the fact that we need tens of trillions of dollars in relief, not $80 billion.

Second, Obama hasn't proposed any significant, specific, spending cuts - his most specific idea, as we all know, is the tax hikes. OK, so what will Obama cut? We don't know. But yet again, that doesn't stop Obama (and many liberals) from attacking guys like Paul Ryan who have the integrity to propose significant, specific cuts.

Paul, the math clearly shows that we cannot begin to get out of this mess with tax hikes - do you agree or disagree with that? I answered your question, perhaps you could shoe me the same courtesy.