View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Fish View Post
I thought history was to be preserved for lessons learned. Why would those wronged in the past want it erased? Makes no sense to me. This past political cycle, starting back in the beginning of the primary, through present, has had a fairly profound impact on me. I have friends, family and close coworkers on both sides if the isle and some who are affected by executive order. I've always leaned right economically and left socially, but what is going on in this contry lately has really caused me to think deeply about what is really best for us all, not just "us", the moderate fiscal conservatives that I align with. I can understand how it's offensive to many people to have to go about their daily lives around memorials to leaders who perpetuated what has long been deemed dispicable, but it makes no sense to me to want it erase it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ya know, if we want to hole down the rabbit hole far enough we can find pretty much everyone is a descendant of a slave or a slave owner. We can parse the histories of leaders and find good and bad.

What I think is the finest device to prevent future slavery is freedom. Freedom is specified and guaranteed in the BoR/Constitution. When and where the Constitution had fault, it was added to over time (suffrage, rights to all, free slaves, etc.).

Before the Progressives kept coming, we knew they would one day be here for this. Some of the more severe Progressives will support the most aggressive forms of Slavery: Communism. Freedom and Communism are incompatible. I fear within 10 years there is a good chance we all will need to pick a side.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: