View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You think the report is about information your not that naive.. the story was written to inflame and outrage .. thats it

The report is not about information. It is information. That's the way I took it. Why it was written didn't occur to me. You seem to absolutely without a doubt know why. And you think that your omniscient knowledge of the "why" supersedes the "value" of the information. Call me naïve, but I don't care why in this case. Either the information is true, or it isn't. And, BTW, I wasn't inflamed or outraged. Perhaps you're outraged that someone wanted me to be outraged.

There no plaques of Hitler or swastika Germany, Christopher Columbus is not the hero he once was portrayed yet no one has forgotten the history of theses men .. nor will we forget Washington or general Lee the good and the bad ..but Conservatives like you love these stories that reinforce your Tin foil hat views that some how the whiteness is being erased from our history .. and the Government wants your guns
It may be that you're naïve to the subtle ways that history can be erased. Interpreting the narrative in ways that denigrate it or makes it out to be a lie destroys it's validity. Thus the narrative no longer holds sway. It becomes a story of deception, malfeasance, of evil. And so, if it is to be remembered at all, it is only to be portrayed as some violation against humanity, as an injustice, regardless of some supposed good in the story. The history will be relegated to some sort of library where few will venture to visit. And the educational system will focus on the really good, and true current regime of government. As will the media, which may from time to time, for profit or politics, create a movie or TV documentary or series, and so forth, of how truly deceptive the old history was and how glorious it was to discover the truth of the old evil regime and to instill the righteousness of the new.

Hitler and the swastikas were portrayed by the Third Reich as a glorious revival to power of the Aryan race. And that Reich did actually revive German pride, power, and economic status. There was some actual "good," for the Germans provided by that regime. Yes, we still remember Hitler (mostly because we insist on comparing those we don't like to him). But very few remember it now in the way that the Nazi regime portrayed itself. The Third Reich has passed into the so-called ash heap of history, and most of us now know very little about it, except that it was a horrible instance of inhumane atrocity, and the notion of Hitler being a convenient comparison to those we want to disparage.