Thread: Find Clammer
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #8
Clammer

the secretary for the RI Shellfishermans association .has some really good older & old photos of the industry ,
I asked why none of them are not posted on the web site .it would be real interesting for people to see .
But I,m old & nothing I say is listened to …… fools ……………………….……….. very soon there will be NO commercial shellfish industry in RI …….. which in my opinion is & has been part of a long term plan from the state to begin with .
very soon all shellfish that is consumed locally will be from farms that they keep giving leases to or foreign countries .
FYI all the nets / or sets of buoys that we see popping up in the bay are farms /oyster & mussel .&&& the salt ponds they are getting so crowded that you won,t even be able to get a few to eat ..Kinda surprised on some of that . I thought some of the rich bitches would have stopped some them .
In the constution the is a phrase ,A free & common fishery …………….. that,s B/S now & only getting worse ………………………….cleaner water does mean a healther bay ……. there is a price to pay & we have been paying for 15 years & if they don,t make adjustments ,you,ll be swimming in the Providence River ,but you,ll be alone , because there won,t be much of any kind of sea life with you ……………. remember I,ll be gone But I told you so

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote