View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 08:42 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
If she cares so much about clean air to save the planet, then why does she support Monsanto the company who's genetically modified food which is NOT labeled in this country, and is not safe for us to eat. But we will have clean air to breathe, but die of all kinds of nasty #^&#^&#^&#^& and destroy our ecology by ruining plants all over the world all because of money. She takes their filthy money, she wants power, all she wants is to get back into the White House with Bill. He'll make a great vice President won't he.
I've never heard of Clinton taking money from Monsanto, there have been a lot of lies spread around that she sat on their board. She did hire a lobbyist with ties to Monsanto to run ops in Iowa, which wouldn't be that odd...

I think she views GMO as a solution to some global problems. For instance if we're going to help starving people in Africa, sending over wheat seeds that can't grow in an arid climate isn't going to help them.

To be honest I think a lot of the GMO flap is overblown. I'd be much more concerned with excessive use of antibiotics and hormones in proteins.

As for labeling, I like as much information as I can get about my food, but remember from a business perspective this can add tremendous cost...i.e. more government regulation. I thought you didn't like that?