View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wyoming) has as much as four times the voting power of California. not sure how thats overly Democratic

And here i thought the right didn't like welfare

Blue in a red state or red in a blue state has nothing to do with the electoral college or why we have it. But in mass we have a Rhino as governor if you talk to a Trump supporter

Funny in America we have changed dramatically in our history and have managed but many still dont want the Constitution to evolve to reflect modern day realities that our founders in all their wisdoms could never have foreseen. Change is needed .. leave the college allow a legitimate 3rd party to break the log jam. no isnt a defense
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you’d really, really benefit from civics 101. it’s not welfare. It's states rights. A state is a sovereign entity, and the founding fathers wanted that sovereignty to be meaningful. i think it was brilliant, and not just because it helped trump. if not for that, no candidate would ever visit the midwest.

You really need to listen with an open mind sometimes, to people
on the other side. that’s why i’m in favor of gay marriage and opposed to the death penalty. no one side is right 100% of the time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device