View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #336
Zeal
Always a Rookie

I personally don't smoke, but I've treated a lot of smokers, alcoholics, and drug addicts. You guys got your end handled which is great but believe it or not, Acupuncture can really help you guys quit too.

Unless you request full body (always the best option) treatment, there is an old protocol that is done in the ears (5 needles in each ear). Typically for smoking there is 1 point in the wrist that actually makes you unable to deal with a cig in your mouth as it will taste nasty (not permanent unfortunately but it lasts for a bit) and will also help stop cravings. There are clinics all over the place that do this detox protocol and helps preserve your health at the same time.

If I didn't see the success in it, I wouldn't make this suggestion.

To prove how effective and well received this route is, the man who created this protocol was a Doctor in the 70s working in a Methadone clinic who was trying to find something to substitute using Methadone for stopping Heroin addiction. Like any new approach, there were some miracle cases while others it proved to be helpful in keeping addicts from relapsing, out of rehab, and getting rid of cravings as well as calming the anxiety surrounding kicking the addiction. Not much later did practitioners all over use this protocol and applied it to many drug addictions (Smoking and Drinking being the 2 others).

The treatment is cheap, will not interfere in using a patch or something like that to help control cravings if you still need it, and you can get it done as frequently as you want. Some places put you on a time limit for a session, others let you stay until you feel like you are good to go.

You can search it in Google or whatever engine you use, it is called the NADA protocol. Depending on the area, a local hospital may even run community style settings where it is you and a group of people getting it done at the same time (it's pretty cool).

If it hasn't been mentioned, trim those cigarettes back so even if you have a moment of weakness, you get enough out of the cigarette to keep you from going on a bender and at the same time you are weaning yourself off.

Any other questions feel free to PM me guys, congrats on your victories each day

"Your first word was "Fishing", not "Mom", not "Dad", "FISHING." - Mom

Black, White, Chartreuse/Parrot = the Holy Trinity
Zeal is offline   Reply With Quote