Thread: This is great
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And now he'd have to make a call in 60 days in return for a payroll tax extension.

Please try and pay attention.

-spence

you have to pay attention with this lying sack...

I don't think Obama is "getting" a payroll tax holiday extension, I don't think anyone is really opposed to it, the argurment is how to "pay for it"....higher taxes or budget cuts...since the problem that we face is too much government spending ...the answer is obvious..if the Republicans hadn't included the pipeline in the deal, he's be waiting till after the election 2013 to make the decision...

and

A senior administration official noted that though the president has said he would reject any attempt to "mandate" construction of the pipeline before it receives further review, the Keystone provision Senate leaders have agreed to speeds up the approval process -- giving the administration 60 days to make a decision -- but does not mandate construction.

When asked about the apparent contradiction by the president over the pipeline provision, another senior administration official said the president's top priority is making sure taxes don't go up on January 1.

sounds like he's picking politics over country...
I think the President's top priority is getting off to his vacation

Last edited by scottw; 12-17-2011 at 01:58 PM..