View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"That was written in 2016, so how did that become the basis of the current crisis in the speech written by Stephen Miller for Trump?"

So when you hear about this level of violence, and Trump says let's help these people...you aren't nearly as concerned with helping them, as you are with proving that Trump doesn't really care. You are concerned with finding a way to bash Trump, not with figuring out a way to stop these people from making this illegal journey which exposes them to such violence. What do you think that says about you?

"While I'm convinced that problems exist, again, just how did it become the issue of the day in the last 3 weeks and not in the two previous years?"

A great and fair question. Is answering that question, much more important than solving the problem? Can we do both at the same time? Let's address the problem, and also ask Trump, and everyone in Congress, why the hell they didn't address this on day one. I agree, that Trump and the GOP have MUCH to answer for, they could have done this 2 years ago, and should have. But what's the benefit, of continuing to ignore it?
Is anything that Trump is holding the Government hostage for going to change tomorrow if he got his campaign promise fulfilled today?
This crisis should have been dealt with two years ago and did not become a crisis until Coulter and Limbaugh told Trump he was a failure if he did not get a wall. He was going to sign the budgets.
Pass the budgets and then show us some win win negotiation, walking out is a NY BS developer tactic that doesn't work in politics.
I'm not convinced that the Republicans want Trump to win this and it's pretty unlikely that he will get a 100% win.
I think they are looking for an opportunity to send him down the road and wash their hands of him to get the stink off.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin