View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How is he circumventing Congress?

Reading up on this action I'm not sure what all the controversy is about. Basically it's saying that if you had two illegals, say one who's commited a violent crime and another who has a family member serving in our military...the violent offender would get processed for deportation first.

Obama's position doesn't seem to be all that different than Bush 43 (or even Rick Perry FWIW) although he does seem to be doing a better job of enforcing existing laws. I believe that under Obama overall deportation is up 10% and the number of businesses under investigation has increased 4 times from Bush.

-spence
I'm certainly not an Obama supporter by any means but Spence here is right.Under what I generally consider the lamest president of all time,deportations are up.

I've been in the construction biz all my adult life and I've never seen people deported until the last year and a half and we're talking about RI,the most illegal friendly state in the Union.The local restaraunt and construction business' took a big hit in 2011.