View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So now you finally read what I wrote after 16 posts. I guess you think Tucker did the broadcast from Sweden Friday night..

Obviously Trump continues to make things up (ie lie) Nothing happened the night before in Sweden.

Wait, you said that he said an "attack" occurred the night before. He didn't use the word "attack" but you said he meant that word. You claim that he "clearly" meant an attack occurred in Sweden the previous night.

Actually, his entire statement was not precisely clear. That's sort of a hallmark of his . . . haven't you noticed? There have been many times when one has had to connect the dots of the words coming out of his mouth to some reality to which he was trying to refer. And if you honestly examined what he said in light of his later explanation of what he said, it made sense. But then you would have to believe him. If you don't believe him, then a lot of what he says is not clear and cannot be made clear, therefor, for you, it is a "lie." That's why I put "lie" in quotes when he is accused of it.

And I believe that most times those who want to claim he "lied" can see the logic of his explanation, but don't want to believe it because it harms the narrative that he lied. I think that is the case here. You will have none of his explanation. It is very plausible, considering how he speaks, that he indeed was referring to the Carlson report the previous night which was about what was happening in Sweden not the night before, but for some time since they were being flooded with immigrants.

But since he didn't, in the stream of conscious way that he usually spouts phrases which often leave out significant details (to be explained later), in his mind he was referring to the Fox interview but left out that clarifying verbal "trifle". That makes sense. Otherwise, what the heck did he mean by "last night"? Making up something so non-existent as an attack in Sweden the previous night makes no sense whatsoever. And he didn't even use the word attack. To say that he clearly meant to say an attack had occurred in Sweden the previous night when that can so easily be discredited is, to me, confirmation bias in support of your narrative rather than creating clarity.

In fact, the 2 police officers even questioned Fox's use of their statements.

If they hadn't, they could have been in serious trouble for inciting racial hatred.

Those disputing Horowitz’s conclusions include two Stockholm-based police officers who were featured in Horowitz's film talking about crime and the accessibility of weapons.

"I don't understand why we are part of the segment,” one of the police officers, Anders Göranzon, told the Dagens Nyheter newspaper on Monday. “The interview was about something completely different to what Fox News and Horowitz were talking about. It was supposed to be about crime in high-risk areas. Areas with high crime rates. There wasn't any focus on migration or immigration."
That was very likely a CYA response. It is Swedish policy not to mention the race or religion of perps. They are very careful not to offend others, or to in any way possibly stir up anti-immigrant resentment among the Swedish people. It is strict and enforced policy not to say anything, including race or religion that could make Sweden appear racist. The Swedes have even stopped recording race or religion in reports or records of committed crimes. If ethnicity is referred to at all, the perps will be referred to as Swedish. Everyone is to be Swedish, not Somali, or Iraqi, or Muslim, etc. Referring to "high risk areas" is often code for refugee enclaves.

Here is an article about a current reaction against that policy by a Swedish policeman tired of it which has started a "Swedish Spring" type of reaction in the populace who have the courage to support him. Tired (actually the Swedish translation was something like "effen tired")of the politically correct policy which hides the truth, the policeman cited on facebook the actual ethnicities of the accused perps in his last and several arrests, and all but one were from the Middle East or Somalia. Because of that, he "is under investigation for the criminal charge of inciting racial hatred."

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/officer...migrant-crime/

Last edited by detbuch; 02-20-2017 at 11:09 PM..