View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that my 2017 striper season has come to its end. this was one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember- with the fewest fish I've caught in 20 years. Between boat issues/electrical gremlins, no show friends, bad tides and dirty water, and just a plain lack of fish and bait in my area- it all added up to some dismal fishing for me (and most of the guys I fish with). I kept myself occupied with freshwater stuff to take my mind off of how bad it was.... and then did not go running to the Canal during the breaking tides with the rest of humanity. maybe I should have- the fishing was the best in decades by most accounts; I kinda pride myself on NOT chasing a bite. (actually- I did go one night with PaulS and we did catch 'em pretty good... but I still don't really count that since it was kinda cheating...)

locally there were glimpses of brilliance from time to time- I had a few decent fish from the beach, but nothing over 40 inches. and now we're down to the dwindling trail of schoolies popping up along the beach, and some winter holdovers will be around too.

I'm not getting any younger- maybe have 10-15 good seasons left in me..... lets hope this is not what the rest of them will be like

peace- out
Time for an intervention. You better have more than 10-15 good years. My grandfathers caught their last stripers from shore at 85 and 88. I am expecting you be on the sand at least that long. Season is just late. They haven't moved out of the Hudson yet.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote