View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 05:41 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Agreed I was just going to come back and say that.

Since then, he has repeatedly reiterated the guilty verdict of the men, even though their convictions were vacated. “They admitted they were guilty,” the then-candidate said in a CNN interview the month before the 2016 election. “The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same.”
Pete F's false statement was That Trump put an ad in the NYT to "call for the public execution of five black children". There was no such call, nor even a hint of it in that ad. He clearly, specifically, demonstrably said that the death penalty should be applied to murderers. The only time the death penalty or executing criminals was mentioned in the ad was in regard to those who kill or murder. He never even hinted that it should be applied to the crimes that the Central Park Five were convicted of.

I challenge you to point out where in his ad he said that the Five should be executed. It is a very serious charge to say that he made such a call. I have no doubt that you cannot find such a thing being said by Trump in that ad.

And now you blithely change the subject by saying that "Since then, he has repeatedly reiterated the guilty verdict of the men"--that is not the point. The point is, Pete F made a false statement that Trump called for their execution. And he claims that he still is saying that.

You have several times asked for a link when someone asserted something you questioned. Please show a link where Trump is asserting that the Five should be executed. And please show where in the original ad Trump said that they should be executed.