View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #131
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
New spin as I predicted, now look at the false side and not surprisingly it's Obama 150 to Trump 444.

The false side in the survey was degrees of false. All on the false side were not completely true, but partially false. That makes the trick more believable. It's called slanting in a direction while not actually being totally truthful.

You do understand that they did not factcheck every word spoken by each politician, but only looked at issues someone found questionable.

I completely understand that. Do you? Some issues someone found questionable. Some statements. That Politifact bothered to "check." Uggghh . . . there are an insurmountable number of political statements tinged with or are completely lies that they didn't "fact check." There is no way that your statement "Trump’s lying far surpasses any predecessors on quantity alone" can be verified. And there have been some very prolific liars in the present and past. What you state is not only unverifiable, it is obviously a stretch meant to demonize. It's a discredit to your analysis or opinion of Trump if you have to stoop to this tactic. You don't have to go beyond reason or logic to persuade. If you do, it makes what you say less believable. At least to a logical person. Of course, the choir, when preached to, will lap up each word as gospel truth.

I'm not interested in spending the rest of my life doing political
research to rebut an internet argument, perhaps you are.

Who's asking you to? Some of your page long research results are dull boring repetitious and slanted stuff already. Piling on more would be insufferable to read.

And so my opinion still stands as stated
No elected American politician has ever lied as much as Generalissimo Donnie Bonespur the First.
Maybe you can get Politifact to verify that.