View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #60
Jimbo

I mentioned before it doesn't really matter to me but I gotta play devil's advocate a little. First, why compare pot to alcohol to make the argument that pot should be legalized? One comment that was made was that pot is not as dangerous as alcohol, which tells me there really should be some concern about one's motor skills or abilities after smoking, but I'm really just not seeing that those two substances should fall into the same boat for the sake of a comparison. Other than medical, is there an argument for pot that stands on it's own merit? Or maybe compare pot to tobacco, but then wouldn't you get into a discussion about legalization that might lead to the government regulating and taxing the industry and you might find that to sell it you had to modify it a little so all joints are created equal in strength, then maybe you have to filter it to ward off the harmful effects of smoke in general and what do you end up with? "Please, sir, give me a pack of Mary-Jane Lights joints." I agree, take the comments like "all users are..." out of a thread like this, but if you're going to support this issue then there's got to be more scientific fact about its advantages or how you see it become legalized and controlled and less "it should be legalized because it's not as bad as X". I'm sure I'm no longer a Bomba Brother in good standing, now, but that's just my take on it.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote