View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Who said it

On a trip to Alaska, I heard about a national park visitor’s center that was built to offer a picture-perfect view of a large glacier. Problem is, the glacier is gone. A work of nature that took ages to form had melted away in a matter of decades

CONSERVATIVES use the same arguments over and over their doing it the impeachment trial. They make the argument it kinda happened , but your ears ,eyes, the thermometer, the Science , is all wrong and call it a hoax. Provide no scientific evidence no witnesses and use the bible to convince them of their opinion
Psalm 8:6). Humanity was to "subdue" the earth (Genesis 1:28)—we were to hold a position of command over it; we were placed in a superior role and were to exercise control over the earth and its flora and fauna. Mankind was set up as the ruler of this world. All else was subjugated to him

John suggested blance its a great idea but impossible when the side you seek blance with denies the problem even exist

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"CONSERVATIVES both sides use the same arguments over and over "

Fixed it.

Are there any problems facing the world today, for which the solution isn't to give liberals more power?

"A work of nature that took ages to form had melted away in a matter of decades"

No one denies that glaciers are retreating in certain places (and ice is advancing in other places). The question is ,did we cause that, or is it a natural effect? Some time ago, there might have been volcanic lava on my property and a triceratops walking around grazing happily. Now they're all gone. Things change on their own sometimes.

Not long ago, we were warned of an ice age. Then that was debunked, so they called it global warming. Then that was debunked, so they fell back on "climate change", which can be fit to explain literally everything.

I have solar panels covering my entire roof. I've planted 11 trees on my property that weren't there when we built the house. These are things we can, and should, be doing.