View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #19
Surfsters

Tagger........."welcome to the world of collecting" I do not care what you collect; lures, razors, dog collars, etc. There are collectors who are going to protect their investments.......80% of the early bids are just that;15% is shill bidding; 5% ebayers [ new collectors and some old ] not knowing any better......

~~~~~~~ knowledge is the key to collecting ~~~~~~~

The whole fishing tackle thing is just way out of hand and not just on ebay.......... Locally [ where I live ] people go to yard sales days before it is scheduled; at auctions, bid ten times what an item is worth; at the flea markets be there at sunrise and still try to beat five other collectors to tables [ this is not including the eBayers.

Yes collecting is fun!!!!! hahahahaha

Then you have all the people that think every item they own is a rare antique worth thousands.........

Its to late for me to stop I am addicted to it; been doing it since I was a kid. If I was a new guy just starting, I would really think long and hard about it...............

Well thats enough for now; just a few thoughts; don't want to ruin all the fun..........................................
Surfsters is offline   Reply With Quote