View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Do you believe that after you die, you will have a better life than you do now?
If so... you’ve been duped as well.
I see a strong correlation between climate change deniers being religious and vice versa.
#sad
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Do you believe that after you die, you will have a better life than you do now?"

Yes.

"If so... you’ve been duped as well. "

We'll see. I'd rather hold my view (and behave accordingly) and be wrong, than be an atheist, and find out I'm wrong when it's too late. I'm confident. If we meet on the other side, you can tell me how wrong you were.

"I see a strong correlation between climate change deniers being religious and vice versa."

I don't deny it's changing. But before I impose hardship on me and my family, I need to see more facts. There are way too many unknowns, we have no idea what the atmosphere's ability is to absorb all the crap that we dump. We don't know what effect the oceans have. The models are based almost entirely on assumptions, which explains why the outputs of those models (for example, Philadelphia soon being oceanfront) haven't come true.

Spend the money, do the research. I like nature and the planet at least as much as some Manhattan dilatant who lives in a condo. And I'm very persuadable by facts and common sense. But not by liberal hysteria.