View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 06:39 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Jim,
I am not wading into this again with you. We have rehashed these points too many times.

Can you please point to the scientific community's* (NOT AL GORE) predictions of what you speak? (*Scientific community, meaning a published scientific study, not a movie or a random blog)...
i can’t say that i can point i a scientific paper that has predicted disaster. i’m responding to the hysterics i seenon tv. but right around the time i was born, the consensus was that the earth was cooling and we needed to act to stop that. then it was global warming. then it switched to climate change. they can’t even decide what’s happening, let alone figure out the causes or what the effects might be.

you don’t care more about the environment than i do, i promise. but we need to acquire additional knowledge, and rely a bit less on wild speculative assumptions, before we disrupt people’s lives, before we tell third world nations that they can’t have heat and air conditioning and cars like we do. and we need to figure out why the hell the alternative energy sources are still so stupudly expensive. that’s what i don’t understand. why is it 30k to cover my roof with solar panels? i leased, butbthats what it would have cost to buy. that price isn’t coming down.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device