Thread: Panama papers
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #43
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think it's also important to note that just because your name gets associated with this leak doesn't imply any wrongdoing. Certainly I'm sure some have used the mechanism to evade or hide, but it shouldn't be assumed that all have.
You are correct, one would think that responsible law enforcement should take place to determine truth from fiction, no?

In an unrelated note: Panama Papers Reveal Clinton’s Kremlin Connection

Couple pull quotes

Quote:
Which is exactly what Sberbank, Russia’s biggest financial institution, did this spring. As reported at the end of March, the Podesta Group registered with the U.S. Government as a lobbyist for Sberbank, as required by law, naming three Podesta Group staffers: Tony Podesta plus Stephen Rademaker and David Adams, the last two former assistant secretaries of state. It should be noted that Tony Podesta is a big-money bundler for the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign while his brother John is the chairman of that campaign, the chief architect of her plans to take the White House this November.
Quote:
Certainly Western intelligence is well acquainted with Sberbank, noting its close relationship with Vladimir Putin and his regime. Funds moving through Sberbank are regularly used to support clandestine Russian intelligence operations, while the bank uses its offices abroad as cover for the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service or SVR. A NATO counterintelligence official explained that Sberbank, which has outposts in almost two dozen foreign countries, “functions as a sort of arm of the SVR outside Russia, especially because many of its senior employees are ‘former’ Russian intelligence officers.” Inside the country, Sberbank has an equally cosy relationship with the Federal Security Service or FSB, Russia’s powerful domestic intelligence agency.
I am not saying she has direct knowledge or ties to this but it would be interesting to see where it goes. No, I don't think Bernie would be wrapped up in this.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: