Thread: Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think you're right. Tweeting is easier. I do hope that Trump doesn't think that the Ukraine crisis is totally up to him to do something. I have considered it before to be a European matter, and if Europe gets it's chit together, which it may not be capable of doing, it should be able solve the problem. We can be part of that. But a strong united Europe, even without our help, would be enough to direct the dispute into a peaceful resolution. I suspect that Europe is too self-interested to really care about the Ukraine if it meant it had to expend much blood and treasure, and would rather that the U.S. would shoulder the burden.

Putin counts on European weakness and lack of will. So that throws the problem in our lap. Which is wrong. If Europe wants Trump's help, it will have to be nicer to him. And more willing to put up a fight.
Agree. Trump doesn’t know UA and probably had to shown on a map where UA and Crimea actually are.

UA is not part of NATO, the Baltic’s are though .
That is where we are obligated to get involved. UA we support, even with MIL/TECH transfer, especially if RUS tries to grab more. But this is a European problem and Europe needs to lead.

I really do have a hard time swallowing Trump’s passiveness on Putin. Hope we find out soon
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: