Thread: metal anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #40
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
Mustane was a out of control drunk.While they had planned on booting him prior to coming out east.They had a few shows lined up they where dissaster.Between equipment or electrical problems and Mustane just out of control. It was not to be an they %$%$%$%$ canned him..We convinced a few local bar owners to let em play.They already had Hammet lined up.While it went off well.None of us liked Hammet he was a girly boy or worse a poser....
They played Ride The Lightning for 9 of us in my friends Basement to get our opinion.The same basement from the other pic.I remember none of us liked it at first and we told em so..We where wrong of course.Our dislike was due to our allegiance to Mustane.
Ride the Lightning turned out to be one of my favorite albums as was Kill em All.It was all Mustanes music.

That's some cool stuff, NIB. Metallica was one of the bands that got me started listening to metal. And I remember rushing out to buy Killing is My Business.....as soon as it made it into my local record store. Thanks for bringing back some memories from my high school days.

I also heard that Mustaine had to find his way back to California with no money after they kicked him out of the band. Any truth to that?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote