View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #144
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
"There are reasons to be genuinely concerned about this guy. Saying he won't do anything for the average Joe, is not supported by the facts. I'm sure that's what they say wherever you get your news, but it's simply not true."

Actually, the fact that he's going to do anything for "the little guy" has yet to be supported by facts... Again, the carrier thing saved jobs but it happened before he was president, and was a politically charged, self serving move to get publicity he could ride into the White House. He needs more "Carrier" moments now that he's President to prove he cares, not more moments where he shows up at a campaign rally spreading false claims of being wiretapped.

He's not in this for the little guy or the big guy, he's in it for himself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Again, the carrier thing saved jobs but it happened before he was president, and was a politically charged, self serving move "

Did it help the people whose jobs were saved, or not? I can not know what his motives were for helping save those jobs, neither can you. Maybe he did it to give the finger to Obama, maybe he wanted to help those people. I don't know, and neither do you. But the Messiah Obama specifically said those Carrier jobs could not be saved, and Trump/Pence did it in no time.

Who gives a sh*t that it happened before the inauguration? The Hollywood Access tape also happened "before he was President", so should that have been ignored?

"He needs more "Carrier" moments now that he's President to prove he cares,"

Agreed. He is talking about tax reform, he is talking about all kinds of tax credits to help working families save on childcare expenses, he is talking about paid family medical leave. If he fails to do those things, I'll be the very first person to say he lied. If he accomplishes those things, will you give him credit.

Before the election, there are a lot of stories about Trump quietly being very, very generous to those in need. Does that wipe out all the awful things he has done? No. But you can't focus on the bad, and ignore the good. He is the sum of everything he does. But on every single TV station except one, all you hear is the bad. Never anything good. And I don't like the guy, I think he's a boorish, offensive, egomaniac. But he has done some wonderful things.

There was a very sick Jewish boy, in California I think, needed to fly across the country with all his medical equipment. Commercial airlines could not accommodate him. Trump sent his jet immediately. How does the media thanks him? By calling him an anti-Semite. Try telling the family of the sick little Jewish boy that Trump is an anti-Semite. Tell that to his daughter Ivanka, who he clearly adores (to the point of being creepy actually), and she is a Jew.

"he's in it for himself"

Obama wasn't? In terms of politics and policy, Obama was almost no different from Hilary. Why didn't he step aside and give her the nomination in 2008? Because HE wanted to be POTUS. Not because he had better ideas than she did.