View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #32
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Bingo!

I know I was raised incorrectly, but a common phrase in my house growing up was "Deal with it". Kids (and society as a whole) are being groomed into a thinking process of "if you don't like it, keep bitching until it's removed" instead of "if you don't like it, deal with it. The world isn't going to be catered to your every whim."
I think you guys might be reading some of the comments a little wrong. I don't think most of us who think swearing in public is offensive wouldn't necessarily vote on a law making it a crime. We're saying that there should be some deterrent to these #^&#^&#^&#^&wads using profanities loudly in public so everyone can hear how cool they think they are. If I was walking down the street with your mother on our way to a romantic dinner, I'd be offended if some #^&#^&#^&#^&stain started yelling profanities at his idiot friend across the street.

And JD, if you can ever find a woman who will let you impregnate her, I bet your view on what's acceptable in front of children will change.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio